Two subjects arrested and charged for arson and breaking and entering
Scout Collin Finn repairs rooms for New Boston First Church of the Nazarene
Scenic Scioto Heritage Trail issues Christmas ornament
Knights of Columbus provide Coats for Kids
- Pet Photos With Santa - 11:20 pm
- Ed Hughes “transitioning” - 7:46 pm
- ProLift donates gift to Potter’s House - 5:23 pm
- Two subjects arrested and charged for arson and breaking and entering - 4:59 pm updated: 7:51 pm.
- Scout Collin Finn repairs rooms for New Boston First Church of the Nazarene - 3:27 pm updated: 5:11 pm.
- Pearl Harbor remembered with annual dinner - 2:45 pm
- Tour of Churches Dec. 9 - 2:16 pm
- Nutrition grant awarded to Wheelersburg Local Schools in Ohio - 11:27 am
- Small Business Saturday - 11:24 am
- Bell joins Daily Times team - 11:02 am
- New Boston holds Breakfast With Santa event - 9:50 am
- Chatfield awarded for service - 6:38 pm
- Major Toy Drive, now through Dec. 21, at the Baseball Building, hosted by Tim Martin, Dean Schuler and Dan Cassidy. - 2:35 pm updated: 2:47 pm.
- Alzheimer’s: lunch and learn series for care-givers - 4:19 pm
- Brown talks bipartisanship to the Daily Times - 4:10 pm
- NEMA GriefShare Group begins Dec. 5 - 4:04 pm
- Health Dept. syringe program moves forward - 3:50 pm
- New Boston opens Building Department - 3:44 pm
- Donini conducts internal affairs investigation - 3:43 pm updated: 3:48 pm.
- Holiday open house - 3:25 pm
- Looking Ahead - 4:17 pm
- Minford Schools will stage active shooter drill, Friday, Dec. 2 - 4:10 pm
- Wreaths Across America comes to the tri-state - 3:51 pm
- Johnson touts 21st Century Cures legislation - 3:50 pm
- FOP and Sonora helping ‘Shop With a Cop’ happen - 2:31 pm
Bell joins Daily Times team
The Daily Times and Community Common are happy to announce a new employee, Mike Bell.Hope Comer, publisher of the newspapers, welcomed Bell to the adv...
New Boston holds Breakfast With Santa event
New Boston Mayor Junior Williams, part of Breakfast With Santa for 17 of its 23 years, reminisced as he stood outside his office door. Williams was a ...
Chatfield awarded for service
When Keith “KC” Chatfield talks about the !MPACT team at STAR, Inc., he’s quick to distance himself from any credit.“I just dr...
Major Toy Drive, now through Dec. 21, at the Baseball Building, hosted by Tim Martin, Dean Schuler and Dan Cassidy.
Familiar baseball names, Dean Schuler and Tim Martin, have joined forces with a local businessman, Dan Cassidy, for a toy drive benefiting children in...
Alzheimer’s: lunch and learn series for care-givers
Alzheimer’s disease poses many questions. The Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Cincinnati will be offering answers it presents a series ...
Brown talks bipartisanship to the Daily Times
There is a word that has made past U.S. Congressional sessions successful and the lack of which has resulted in gridlock. That word is “bipartis...
SOUTH WEBSTER, Ohio — The South Webster Jeeps had 27 points in three-pointers alone.The visiting South Gallia Rebels only amounted 37 points as ...
Area Basketball Scores
Dec. 2Clay @ Paint Valley, final 57-521 2 3 4Clay 10 29 39 57Paint Valley 8 22 30 52ClayRiffe-14, Gilliland-17, King-18, Williams-2, Meade-6Paint Vall...
Bears fall short against Georgetown, 81-73
GEORGETOWN, Ky. – Shawnee State men’s basketball came up short on the road, falling to #2 Georgetown 81-73 on Saturday evening.The Bears g...
SSU women roll past Georgetown, 84-66
GEORGETOWN, Ky. – Shawnee State women’s basketball ran their unbeaten streak to 12 games on Saturday afternoon, downing Georgetown 84-66 i...
Notre Dame hangs on to win
The Notre Dame Titans faced off against a stout Chesapeake Panthers team. The Titans came out victorious in this match-up, winning 48-36. Notre Dame...
Knights of Columbus provide Coats for Kids
If there is one thing that everyone needs this time of year it’s a good coat. Unfortunately, there are children in the area who don’t even...
NOVEMBER 29The Scioto County Right to Life will conduct its next chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 29, 2016, at 6 p.m. at 5581 State Route 139 in R...
Know where to go
Nov. 24Thanksgiving Day — The Daily Times will be closed. Regular business hours will resume Friday, Nov. 25Nov. 25Black Friday — Get the ...
Conservation contest winners announced
Winners from the Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District poster contest were recognized, Nov. 15 at the annual meeting.First place was awarded to ...
78th annual Christmas parade
Each year, the Jaycees organization hosts their Christmas parade, kicking off the Holiday season.The people of Portsmouth and the surrounding region f...
Holiday treats and sweets
The holidays can feed the soul in more ways than one. Spending time with family, friends and loved ones over a delicious well orchestrated meal is alw...
Clearing the table this Thanksgiving
I simply love the Thanksgiving holiday, and the amazing memories that this wonderful holiday can create. I can remember being a little child, hopping ...
An Era Ends At The Southern Ohio Medical Center
An era ended Saturday October 29, 2016 for SOMC. It did not end with some explosive dramatic event, but ended quietly, almost imperceptibly. Nonethele...
It’s been a very rough day
Scioto County Sheriff’s Detective Jodi Conkel, wrote the following reflections on Facebook in reaction to the story earlier this week about the ...
Mitochondria are like the batteries of a cell and a treatment for obesity might just involve changing the batteries. (1) Mitochondria make most of the...
Deer remain adaptable as numbers grow
Deer hunters carry a heavy responsibility, wildlife officials say. The general public needs them. The game departments need them in order to manage th...