Practice helps Hope Fund
Trees to Textbooks donates 2 million
Busy night for PPD & FD
Senator Learns More About Veteran Program on Home Visit
BREAKING NEWS: Fatal Crash in Scioto County
- Practice helps Hope Fund - 4:21 pm
- Trees to Textbooks donates 2 million - 4:16 pm
- Busy night for PPD & FD - 4:06 pm
- Arson fire on Grant Street - 1:02 pm
- Senator Learns More About Veteran Program on Home Visit - 12:33 pm
- BREAKING NEWS: Fatal Crash in Scioto County - 12:29 am
- Missouri man arrested in Greenup - 7:52 pm
- Your vote counts on Nov. 8 - 3:55 pm
- Treat alternatives - 3:44 pm
- SOPP bringing business opportunities to Portsmouth - 3:43 pm
- Your vote is secure - 3:38 pm
- Good vs. evil at PLT - 3:37 pm
- Sanitary engineer to retire - 3:36 pm
- Spartan Municipal Stadium up for $25k grant — Community votes needed to secure funding - 3:35 pm
- CARA funded - 3:34 pm
- Temponeras trial set - 7:34 pm
- Attorneys/Judges come through - 4:49 pm
- Detroit man pleads guilty - 4:48 pm
- Students awarded at GGAC - 4:48 pm
- MSP seeks ordinance change - 3:46 pm updated: 5:05 pm.
- 2016 Recipients of the Jared “Hammer” Dever Memorial Scholarships - 1:31 pm
- Man arrested in car theft - 12:53 pm
- Scioto Soil and Water Conservation District to hold election on Board of Supervisors Position - 5:57 pm
- Trooper injured in crash - 5:56 pm
- Santa is coming - 5:51 pm
- Fun at Falloween — community gathers to celebrate fall - 5:48 pm
- Funeral costs paid - 5:41 pm
- New laws against sugar sweetened beverages - 12:29 pm
- Fatal crash in Pike County - 3:09 pm
- Scout constructs community garden - 11:03 am
- Kroger and PPD partner for Drug Take Back - 10:23 am updated: 3:54 pm.
- OSHP Crash Update - 7:46 pm
- BREAKING NEWS; Officer injured in crash - 10:43 pm
- Education for all — SSU students hold book drive for incarcerated persons - 8:25 pm
- Eating in or out, healthy is the goal - 5:58 pm
- Ray’s faith never failed - 5:57 pm
- Freestore CEO visits Potter’s House - 5:30 pm
- PGBC hosting 13th annual ‘Trunk and Treat’ - 5:29 pm
- Recovery at South Shore opens it’s doors - 5:29 pm
- SOMC Named Among Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” - 2:55 pm
- Man arrested on drug charges - 2:32 pm
- Land bank funded - 5:27 pm updated: 5:42 pm.
- Another step for Stepping Stone - 3:59 pm
- PES stages active shooter drill - 3:56 pm
- Giving back with Community Trunk or Treat - 1:51 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- View Story - 1:40 pm
- Senator holds roundtable in New Boston - 6:20 pm
- Locals sentenced in federal court - 4:01 pm
- Making Something Happen Part I - 1:33 pm
- Cirque d’Art to perform Dracula - 1:23 pm
SOPP bringing business opportunities to Portsmouth
Southern Ohio Professional Partners (SOPP), is a relatively new organization which seeks to bring local businesses and professionals together for the ...
Your vote is secure
Over the past week, Secretary of State Jon Husted has done a number of media interviews assuring voters that Ohio is a state where it is both easy to ...
Good vs. evil at PLT
For 2 1/2 hours, Dr. Vincent Scarpinato and Jason Chaney went toe to toe in the battle between good and evil, and in the end, those in attendance at P...
Sanitary engineer to retire
Scioto County Sanitary Engineer Joe Delong has announced his intentions to retire from county employment for a second time in November. Delong has hel...
Spartan Municipal Stadium up for $25k grant — Community votes needed to secure funding
Dr. Sean Dunne, a sociology professor at Shawnee State University has submitted a proposal for a $25,000 State Farm Neighborhood Assist grant for impr...
For the last three years, U.S. Senator Rob Portman has poured much of his energy into his CARA bill. CARA stands for the Comprehensive Addiction &...
Senators to battle Pirates
The Portsmouth West Senators are preparing for a difficult battle against the undefeated Wheelersburg Pirates in their last game of the season. The Pi...
Soccer, Volleyball All-SOC Teams
Southern Ohio ConferenceVolleyball All-League2016-2017Division IFirst Team: Notre Dame: Lexi Smith, Emma Monroe, Hagen Schaefer, Katie Dettwiller. Cla...
Mohawks enjoy historic season
The Northwest Boys soccer program had a historic season of sorts. Whether it was recording back-to-back 13-win seasons to picking up a rare victory ov...
Burg advances to district final
The Wheelersburg Pirates kept their tournament run alive Tuesday after beating Zane Trace in four sets to advance to the district final.Wheelersburg (...
OSU might need an undefeated Michigan
COLUMBUS – The key word is almost. Ohio State almost still controls its own destiny after grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory last Saturday...
Seeing the World in a Different Way
Living a unique life is quite interesting and exciting. My name is Bill Adams, and I’m the Self Advocacy Specialist at Star, Inc., in Portsmouth...
Festival parade continues tradition
The sirens, thousands of people standing and sitting along the sidewalks, illustrious floats sailing melifluously through the streets equates to one t...
New Exhibit – The Eloquent Object, on display at SOMACC
A new exhibit at the Southern Ohio Museum opened on Aug. 27, The Eloquent Object: Works by Ray Kleinlein and Jennifer Holt will be on display until No...
Rally for Red Cross
The Priesthood of Southern Ohio Chapter and Bikers for Christ Ohio Chapter “Rallied for Red” this past Saturday. This event was part of To...
Owens runs for State Board of Education
GEORGETOWN, OH – Nick Owens officially announced his candidacy for the position of State Board of Education Member representing the 10th Distric...
New laws against sugar sweetened beverages
In 2015, the city of San Francisco passed an ordinance requiring advertisers of sugar sweetened beverages (SSB) to include a warning that SSB contribu...
Because Media Representation of People with Disabilities Matters
“Born This Way,” Me Before You, and now the latest, “Speechless,” are among the TV shows or movies going a different route in ...
Providing support for the cause
As many of us know and acknowledge, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As a reporter, I have had the opportunity to write two news stories abou...
A mother of “Times”
As parents we want the white picket fence and to see the joyous faces stepping down from the bus as we wait for children at the door with dinner in pr...
We’ve Got to Make Something Happen
“We’ve Got to Make Something Happen.” Those were the words the late Commissioner Doug Coleman frequently said everyone around the co...
Honoring an Ohio legend, Thomas Edison
There have been a lot of remarkable Ohioans in our history: eight presidents, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and 22 other accomplished astronauts, Jesse O...